About Prince William Pottery
A successful family-run business committed to investing in customer service, product choice and value for money for promotional mugs.
The name of the company originated from its early address on Prince William Street in Liverpool. It was established in 1937 as a wholesale glass and china distribution business by Ray Sanders.
After World War 2, Prince William Pottery began to specialise in printed mugs as automated printing processes became more effective and demand grew for commemorative and promotional mugs.
By 1952, the company was in a strong position to produce large volumes of printed mugs in readiness for the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II.
As prosperity returned to the UK economy during the 1950s and 60s - and as growing numbers of companies became more aware of how effective promotional products could be - so the fortunes of Prince William Pottery were transformed.
The company has invested continually in new, state-of-the-art machinery to improve product quality, customer choice and the overall competitiveness of the business.
Machinery that could handle high volumes of promotional mugs printed using either dye sublimation or screen printing techniques opened up new markets and promotional opportunities in both the UK and overseas.
As part of its efficient production processes, ongoing investment in high-tech warehousing and distribution facilities has enhanced the company’s position as a leading supplier of promotional mugs. In 2020 the company built further warehousing to maintain large stocks of promotional mugs and allowing for faster delivery times for branded mugs.
An extensive range of earthenware and bone china promotional mugs in a variety of colours can be sourced from stock which enables Prince William Pottery to meet our customers’ demands, no matter how tight the deadlines.